The Lunar Festival is a celebration that takes place around the Chinese New Year in the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (WOTLK) expansion for Classic servers. Players can take part in a variety of events throughout this occasion to gain unique gifts and commemorate the holiday.
- The first step is to locate the Lunar Festival Elder NPCs, which can be found in major cities and capital cities of all factions. Speak with them to receive the quest “Lunar Festival” and the Lunar Festival Harbinger item.
- Once you have the quest, you will need to visit all of the Elders located in the different zones of Azeroth and Outland. Each Elder will give you a quest which, upon completion, will reward you with a festive firework, an Elder’s Moonstone, and some coins. These coins can be used to purchase special items from the Festival vendors.
- After you have completed all the Elders’ quests, return to a Festival Elder to complete the main Lunar Festival quest and earn a festive lantern or a Elune’s Lantern (Horde) or a Festival Lantern (Alliance)
- The Lunar Festival also features a special world event where players can participate in the “Lunar Festival Finale” event by using the Lunar Festival Harbinger to summon the Lunar Festival Boss, Omen. Killing Omen will give players a chance to loot a rare mount, the Reins of the Blue Dragonhawk.
- In addition to the above, there are also a few mini-games such as the “Rocket Jump” where players can use the festival fireworks to jump to new heights, and “Elders’ Moonstone” where players can use the Moonstone to teleport to different locations.
- The Lunar Festival is also a great time to gather with friends and celebrate the New Year with fireworks, food, and a sense of community. So don’t forget to have fun and enjoy the event!