These items are only available today! Blizzard anticipates Pirate Day in World of Warcraft. The perfect day to put on your eye patch and stumble with your wooden leg
Travel out to Booty Bay and have a drink and dance with Dread Captain DeMeza and her pirate crew, located on the roof of the bank. Doing so will give you The Captain’s Booty and a sweet pirate costume buff that will last for 12 hours, even through death!
- Purchase Big Bag of Booty for 300 from Dread Captain DeMeza. This throws piles of gold onto the ground that other players can scramble to loot.
- Ol’ Eary drops the toy Slightly-Chewed Insult Book. This is personal loot, but not a 100% drop.
- Complete the quest You’re Gonna Need A Bigger Boat! for Emergency Pirate Outfit.
- Purchase Petey from Dread Captain DeMeza to sit on your shoulder! Makes a great friend for Pepe.
2017 added a new toy and beach party, but we haven’t seen updates in several year.
- Jolly Roger is sold by Edward Techt (39.84 on Wild Shore in Stranglethorn) for players who have the account-wide Feat of Strength Avast Ye, Admiral!. Learn how to gain reputation on our Bloodsail Buccaneers and Avast Ye, Admiral! pages.
- Visit the pirates on Wild Shore for a new beach party too and talk to “Bad News” Brin to hear pirate jokes!
Hoist sail and make way for Booty Bay because it’s Pirate’s Day!
BRING YOUR SEA SHANTY TO BOOTY BAY
Pirates have taken over the goblin town of Booty Bay and Captain DeMeza is recruiting any scurvy dog she can into her buccaneer ranks. Visit her or her henchmen in the capital cities if the pirate’s life is for you!
Feeling out of place in Booty Bay without a proper costume? Don’t worry. /Dance one little jig with the Dread Captain DeMeza and she’ll be impressed enough to press you into her crew and outfit you properly. If you get attached to your new look, you can do the quest You’re Gonna Need a Bigger Boat! Succeed, and you’ll get an Emergency Pirate Outfit (or five) for when Pirate’s Day is but a distant memory and your inner pirate is clawing to get out.
What good is a pirate without an avian companion on their shoulder? Captain DeMeza (for the exchange of a few shiny coins) can help you call forth a temporary companion named Petey to take with you wherever you sail.
From time to time the captain will shout for a brave party to take on a terror of the deeps–an elite shark known as Ol’Eary. Make sure you have a hearty crew with you or you could become just so much chum in the waters of the bay.
JOIN THE BEACH PARTY
Once you and your crew have helped the captain handle Ol’Eary, you can celebrate with the crew at a little beach party just south of Booty Bay. Those who have validated the Feat of Strenght Avast Ye, Admiral! can also purchase a toy from Edward Techt–the Jolly Roger to show off their dedication to the cause.
If you’re really feeling generous, you can also purchase a Big Bag of Booty from Captain DeMeza and spread the wealth around to all your pirate pals in a burst of glittery glory.